1) How do people normally respond when people sin against them?
2) Why is it so difficult to forgive?
3) What does Joseph’s story teach us about the nature of forgiveness and why we should forgive?
4) Share a time when you have been hurt but where God has brought about good?
5) What heart attitudes do we need to be able to forgive?
6) How does knowing that vengeance belongs to God allow us to let go of past hurts?
7) How does what Joseph says in 50:19 answer the Serpent’s discussion with Eve in Genesis 3:1-4?
8) How does this story point us to Jesus?
9) How does the Joseph story show us that the promises to Abraham are being fulfilled?
10) Which parts of the promise are still outstanding?